Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning is about to get some well-deserved exposure when its demo is released January 17th. Completing the demo will reward you with a free weapon and suit of armor for Mass Effect 3 along with a few goodies for Amalur. Likewise, completing the ME3 demo when it releases will grant you some free gear for Amalur. Here’s a breakdown of the free items themselves.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo item unlocks:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity. (Mass Effect 3)
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end. (Mass Effect 3)
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account. (Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning)
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning. (Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning)
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur. (Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning)
Mass Effect 3 demo item unlocks:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves. (Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning)
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers. (Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning)
This is all fantastic, but I think the most pleasant part of this news is that EA is giving away free goodies for their games. In fact, they are using a more popular franchise to promote one that hasn’t had as much press. Is EA earning its wings, or covering its horns with a top hat?
Check out the original story on Destructoid for some screenshots.
There’s now a short trailer that shows off these new items.